Total User Accounts Trimmed

Information for use and guidelines of all forums. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

User avatar
TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?
Location: PHX, AZ
Contact:

Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby TeMerc » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 am

Some of you(I doubt many, if at all :mrgreen: ) may have noticed a significant decrease in users.

MysteryFCM went through and found tons of dormant spammer names which had never been used, so we decided to delete them. The number was quite large and with any luck, no active users were deleted, but if some got lopped off, we apologize.

Maybe the few that are left can get active and participate some. [;]
Image

User avatar
Spudz
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 am
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby Spudz » Sat May 21, 2011 3:45 am

Yes, you and MysteryFCM have been busy :) Glad I was not one of those who was purged through inactivity :) I will try to call in more often now.
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Image

User avatar
TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?
Location: PHX, AZ
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby TeMerc » Sat May 21, 2011 8:59 am

Spudz wrote:Yes, you and MysteryFCM have been busy :) Glad I was not one of those who was purged through inactivity :) I will try to call in more often now.

Good to see you, have things changed with your site that you may have more time for here?

No difference in the forums, the remaining users don't post much. ((O
Image

User avatar
Spudz
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 am
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby Spudz » Sat May 21, 2011 12:31 pm

TeMerc wrote:Good to see you, have things changed with your site that you may have more time for here?


Not at all, I went through the same problems as you where you can post the world but it does not encourage people to register, contribute to the forums or most members be active. Maybe it's because this is an area people are not overly interested in or prefer less serious topics. I note they will read the forums but that is mainly it. Thankfully I do have a good couple of regular members which keep me motivated to some degree :) It's a tough business in this field.

TeMerc wrote:No difference in the forums, the remaining users don't post much.


Yes, I noticed as I have periodically checked in from time to time.
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Image

User avatar
hewee
COU Update Specialist
COU Update Specialist
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby hewee » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:25 pm

I am still here 1rokon

Long time so had to go looking for password from older version of Firefox so I could login here with newer version of Pale Moon 3. t*u

Hope your all still doing well.

User avatar
TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?
Location: PHX, AZ
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby TeMerc » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

hewee wrote:I am still here 1rokon

Long time so had to go looking for password from older version of Firefox so I could login here with newer version of Pale Moon 3. t*u

Hope your all still doing well.

Nice of you to stop in, I'm doing well. Keeping busy @ MBAM
Image

User avatar
hewee
COU Update Specialist
COU Update Specialist
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby hewee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm

TeMerc wrote:
hewee wrote:I am still here 1rokon

Long time so had to go looking for password from older version of Firefox so I could login here with newer version of Pale Moon 3. t*u

Hope your all still doing well.

Nice of you to stop in, I'm doing well. Keeping busy @ MBAM


Doing OK here. I think my PC does not like the newer MBAM. After they made the changes where we had to install the newer version and it can gave you the free or paid verion I had to say no because I already have SUPERAntiSpyware Professional running so don't need another.
Anyhow when I go to update I get this error pop up where you can report it to MS. d!

Time to eat and to try and stay away from the YHOO fresh organic blueberries. YHOO Got about 6 pounds of them and love them so much but got to eat some other foods. :D

User avatar
TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?
Location: PHX, AZ
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby TeMerc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:54 pm

hewee wrote:Doing OK here. I think my PC does not like the newer MBAM. After they made the changes where we had to install the newer version and it can gave you the free or paid verion I had to say no because I already have SUPERAntiSpyware Professional running so don't need another.
Anyhow when I go to update I get this error pop up where you can report it to MS. d!

Is it an error from MBAM or is it the 'Not Responding' error? What AV are you running?
Image

User avatar
hewee
COU Update Specialist
COU Update Specialist
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby hewee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

It's a Windows error box like this one here.
http://www.techrepublic.com/i/tr/cms/co ... hu01_A.gif
But it can pop up on doing other things too. Once you report or close the error box then what ever program that made this happen will close down.

User avatar
TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15995
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?
Location: PHX, AZ
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby TeMerc » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm

hewee wrote:It's a Windows error box like this one here.
http://www.techrepublic.com/i/tr/cms/co ... hu01_A.gif
But it can pop up on doing other things too. Once you report or close the error box then what ever program that made this happen will close down.

When you get it running Malwarebytes, what specifically are you doing? Scanning? If so, full scan or the default quick scan?
Image

User avatar
hewee
COU Update Specialist
COU Update Specialist
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Total User Accounts Trimmed

Postby hewee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

TeMerc wrote:
hewee wrote:It's a Windows error box like this one here.
http://www.techrepublic.com/i/tr/cms/co ... hu01_A.gif
But it can pop up on doing other things too. Once you report or close the error box then what ever program that made this happen will close down.

When you get it running Malwarebytes, what specifically are you doing? Scanning? If so, full scan or the default quick scan?


I open Malwarebytes with the run-as and type in main Admin password and Malwarebytes opens.
Then it opens and I click update tab. Then click check for updates button.
Then it startes the update download and some time right after that I get the error.

So really I did nothing. Or I know nothing and I see nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q


Return to “Site Announcements\Acknowledgments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest