im connections.

All things related to Firewalls and Anti Virus.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

maugrimx
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

im connections.

Postby maugrimx » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 am

i logged into live messenger today and after a while comodo firewall asked if i wanted to accept an incoming connection, so i did. should i have blocked it? does messengers like live messenger and aim need incoming connections to work? i wasnt doing anything when comodo alerted me, i was just logged on on msn and nothing else and no one on msn tried to talk to me either.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: im connections.

Postby TeMerc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 am

maugrimx wrote:i logged into live messenger today and after a while comodo firewall asked if i wanted to accept an incoming connection, so i did. should i have blocked it? does messengers like live messenger and aim need incoming connections to work? i wasnt doing anything when comodo alerted me, i was just logged on on msn and nothing else and no one on msn tried to talk to me either.
For the most part these can be trusted 99.9% of the time.

COMODO has a log I think which alerts you to what it's done. But I need to double-check that to be sure. It could very well have been ad related as all IMs run ads in one form or another.

maugrimx
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Postby maugrimx » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 pm

then there is probably nothing to worry about. the only log i could find was of what comodo firewall has blocked.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Postby TeMerc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 pm

maugrimx wrote:then there is probably nothing to worry about. the only log i could find was of what comodo firewall has blocked.
OK, then we can lock this topic up.

Feel free to come here with any and all pc questions, we're more than happy to help.

****This topic has been successfully resolved and is now locked. If the original user needs to have this thread re-opened please PM me

Any other users with similar problems please use the 'New Topic' button to begin a new thread.****

Tom\TeMerc

Return to “Firewalls and Anti-Virus\Trojans\Worms Related”