Uninstall AVG ?

All things related to Firewalls and Anti Virus.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

grits
experience: N00b...I know a lil bit
PC time: Over an hour a day, give or take

Uninstall AVG ?

Postby grits » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm sorry if I missed it in doing a search. I'd like to get rid of AVG. I've read thru lots of posts from Google,etc., but am still confused as to "the AVG Removal Tool". Is it the best way to go or not? I do have Revo that I could use. Or should I just use Add/Remove area? Have read some horror stories about problems removing that program.

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP3, and IE 7.

Thank you,
grits

p.s. guess I should mention that AVG quit working yesterday, been wanting to rid of it anyway, but am now without any anti virus.

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Re: Uninstall AVG ?

Postby Spudz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:47 pm

AVG should have its own uninstaller located in your Start > All Programs > AVG. If not you would be best to use add/remove programs. I have always advised people to use the programs uninstaller first then look to add/remove programs before you use any other uninstaller. It saves any headaches later.

There are plenty of free Antivirus's out there, Avast! is a good one (in my opinion) but you will need to register there for a licence key: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: Uninstall AVG ?

Postby TeMerc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 pm

grits wrote:I'm sorry if I missed it in doing a search. I'd like to get rid of AVG. I've read thru lots of posts from Google,etc., but am still confused as to "the AVG Removal Tool". Is it the best way to go or not? I do have Revo that I could use. Or should I just use Add/Remove area? Have read some horror stories about problems removing that program.

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP3, and IE 7.

Thank you,
grits

p.s. guess I should mention that AVG quit working yesterday, been wanting to rid of it anyway, but am now without any anti virus.
AVG removal tool: http://www.avg.com/download-tools

Or try also, Revo Uninstaller

Return to “Firewalls and Anti-Virus\Trojans\Worms Related”