Final Patch Tuesday for Windows 2000 and XP

This forum is for all tips, information and news for Windows 2000, NT and Windows XP

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Postby Spudz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:25 am

Just four bugs will be fixed in this week's update
Tony Bradley, PC World

Microsoft's next security update, which is due this week, marks the end of Microsoft support for Windows 2000 and Windows XP SP2.

Of the four scheduled security bulletins, three are rated as 'Critical', while the remaining one is 'Important'. Two of the 'Critical' security bulletins impact Windows, and the other two security bulletins affect Microsoft Office.

Wolfgang Kandek, CTO of Qualys, clarifies the security bulletins affecting the Windows operating system in a blog.

"The first one is for Windows XP and 2003 and fixes the Windows Help and Support Center vulnerability published by Tavis Ormandy in a much discussed full disclosure move. Microsoft showed some impressive turnaround time on that patch."

Kandek continues, describing the other security bulletin related to Windows, which also addresses a zero-day vulnerability.

"The second bulletin fixes a problem in the AERO display driver component for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, which was disclosed publicly earlier in May."

Continues at PC Advisor
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Return to “Windows 2000, XP\NT”