Zone Labs AnnouncementDear Windows 98/98SE/Me Customer,
Zone Labs, L.L.C. supports a balanced, multi-layered approach to security. An important part of this approach includes keeping software updated with the latest security patches.
On July 11, 2006, Microsoft will end support for Windows 98, 98SE and Me, which will have the resulting effect of making these operating systems less secure (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/suppor ... pport.mspx). Windows 98/Me are older operating systems, and are therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks than newer operating systems. Now that Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to these operating systems any PC running them will become increasingly prone to security vulnerabilities.
Accordingly, Zone Labs will cease to support Windows 98/98SE/Me with the introduction of our version 6.5 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm® Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm® Pro, ZoneAlarm® Antivirus, ZoneAlarm® Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm®.
Note about pre-6.5 products:
- Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/Me operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that will not run due to technical limitations of this operating system. Zone Labs strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.
- Zone Labs may end services to pre-6.5 products at any time.
There are no plans to discontinue support for any other Microsoft operating systems. This announcement applies to consumer products only and does not affect enterprise products.
This forum is for tips, news and information for Windows 98, ME & SE
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 15995
- Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
- Area Of Expertise: Security
- experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
- PC time: What else is there in life?
- Location: PHX, AZ
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest