A new program question

Anything goes, except politics and religion please.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

MalwareMutilator
Countermeasures Agent
Countermeasures Agent

A new program question

Postby MalwareMutilator » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 am

Hi TeMerc,

I’m almost afraid to ask this question now based on our earlier discussions, but I still don’t feel that I should ask the question over at the school quite yet.

I have recently become aware of the fact that random-random has apparently introduced what appears to be an enhanced version of DSS. Is there something that you feel you can comfortably tell me about that program, or should I just wait until my instructor eventually guides me to the program? !x

George
I’m proud to be a Senior malware fighter at Bleeping Computer.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: A new program question

Postby TeMerc » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:23 am

MalwareMutilator wrote:Hi TeMerc,

I’m almost afraid to ask this question now based on our earlier discussions, but I still don’t feel that I should ask the question over at the school quite yet.

I have recently become aware of the fact that random-random has apparently introduced what appears to be an enhanced version of DSS. Is there something that you feel you can comfortably tell me about that program, or should I just wait until my instructor eventually guides me to the program? !x

George
I'm not sure where the link is about that tool, if you're able to view it or not.

He's working on some bugs still tho, but people appear to be using it.

I on the other hand have been using a tool from Old Timer. I'd wager your instructor will not be talking to you about either of these tools yet.

MalwareMutilator
Countermeasures Agent
Countermeasures Agent

Postby MalwareMutilator » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks TeMerc,

I only asked because it seems that many of the Spyware Warrior experts (including Blender) are now requesting RSIT.

Thanks T,

George
I’m proud to be a Senior malware fighter at Bleeping Computer.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Postby TeMerc » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:44 am

I'm not sure where the link is about that tool, if you're able to view it or not.

I'd wager your instructor will not be talking to you about either of these tools yet.
Turns out, you cannot see these threads as both of them are sorta still in beta. Old Timer has one that's cleared, one in beta, I'm actually comparing them now. One shows more data than the other.

I on the other hand have been using a tool from Old Timer.
And the primary reason for this is Old Timer seems to have a bit more coding experience and far fewer bugs in the apps. This does not take away anything from random\random, it's just a preference on my part.

Return to “Talk about whatever you like”