Index.dat Suite is a rather unique program that allows you not only to delete the index.dat files, temporary internet files, temp files, cookies and history, but it also allows you to view the index.dat files on your system.
Index.dat Suite's current features include;
- View and delete index.dat files
- View and delete Temporary Internet Files (TIF)
- View and delete Cookies
- View and delete History
- View and delete Temp files
- View and delete Recent Documents
- Delete Typed URL's
- Delete Prefetch folder contents
- Auto-generation of batch file to assist in deleting the index.dat files in DOS.
- Optional add to RunOnce registry key
- Optional deletion of swap file (9x users only)
- Optional deletion of NTUser.dat file (2K/XP/Server 2003 users only) *
- Optional defrag after file deletion
- Full application logging
* As of 2.9.1 beta
Screenshot: http://support.it-mate.co.uk/images/pro ... dsuite.gif
Download*: http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Prod ... x.datsuite
* Basic package recommended
Internet Explorer 5.0
Visual Basic 6 Runtime files
Intel Pentium II 300Mhz
Windows 98 Second Edition
Internet Explorer 5.5
Visual Basic 6 SP5 Runtime files
Whats new in 2.9.1 beta?
Added: Always backup files before deletion (see notes)
Added: Delete NTUser.dat (2K/XP/Server 2003) (requested)
Added: Remember all last used custom paths (requested)
Added: Perform hpHosts Lookup
Added: AIM, MMS detection to index.dat file extraction routine
I've added an option to always backup files prior to their deletion. Please note however, this option applies ONLY to index.dat and NTUser.dat files. Backups are stored in the Index.dat Suite program folder (\idbackup\[date_of_deletion]).
This setting is disabled by default, but can be enabled via:
Tools > Settings > Misc (tab)
NB: I know I said Gecko and secure deletion support was going to be added to the next update. Unfortunately due to issues offline, I've not had time to add these to this update however, I'll try and get them added to the next release.