GreatNews RSS Reader 1.0 Beta (360)
Overview (homepage isn't formatted to get all of the features info):
Full page reading
You don't tear newspaper into pieces to read them. Why should reading rss news articles be any different? GreatNews is optimized for full page reading, so you can scan through rss articles quickly. Combined with functions like "Open Next Unread Channel", you don't need to waste any time to find where all the unread articles are.
GreatNews is extremely fast. Even with hundreds of rss feed subscriptions, GreatNews's response is always instantaneous. You can opt to show news from all channels on the same page. And you have full control over how many articles can be displayed at once. GreatNews takes care of pagination for you.
.. and much much more!;
- Support all major feed formats, including RSS 0.9x, 1.0(rdf), 2.0, Atom 0.30 and 1.0. Support popular extensionslike dublin core, content:encoding etc.
- Integrated internet browser, with popup blocking. Working closely with default browser like Firefox.
- With Import/Export wizard, you can import/export all channel subscriptions in a single step.
- Export rss articles to rss 2.0 format. You can also customize the export by selecting channel/group/label, and/or applying filters.
- Bloglines.com integration
Read everywhere at Bloglines.com, but read twice as fast at your desk.
- Full text search with keyword highlights.
- 100% Unicode support. Displays international languages on the same page. Use any languages anywhere in GreatNews, including Search, Label and News watch.
- "Channel Organizer" helps organize channel subscriptions in one place. Use "Find Channel" to locate your subscriptions quickly.
- Support HTTP Conditional GETs and gzip/deflate encoding to reduce bandwidth consumption.
Recommend the no-install package myself (why setup when you don't have to?).
Tis the first dedicated RSS reader that I actually like! (makes the feed look pretty cool too, hehe).