Freeware Arena upgraded!

Freeware Testing\Evaluation & Feedback. Open for discussions related to all freeware apps. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Freeware Arena upgraded!

Postby MysteryFCM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 pm

I am happy to report, my friend Scott's site has now been completely overhauled and upgraded and the new version of the site is now online.

I ended up spending well over 2 months analysing, converting, testing, modifying, testing then implementing additional security/spam protection for him, which itself was a challenge as I'd never used DragonFly prior to his using it, and am still not 100% "up to speed" on it's codes/UI's (far from it) etc.

However, thanks to the conversion, his site is no longer running a completely out dated version of the CMS, and is alot less prone to security issues and spammers.

Scott's been a very good friend of mine for several years and continues to be to this day. His site, Freeware Arena, has been online since 1997 and continues to be one of the few true freeware sites. Feel free to drop by the site and check it out.

http://freewarearena.com
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “Freeware Research Center”