Web shoppers drive Black Friday sales up 11%

Discuss information regarding software or things in general from around the net.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Web shoppers drive Black Friday sales up 11%

Postby TeMerc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 am

B y Ann Bednarz , Network World , 11/30/2009

Holiday shoppers took to the Web on the day after Thanksgiving, ringing sales worth 11% more than last year’s Black Friday tally, according to new data from comScore.

Black Friday saw $595 million in online sales, which is an 11% increase compared to Black Friday 2008, the firm reports. Plenty of retail buyers shopped online on the holiday, too, driving Thanksgiving Day sales to $318 million (a 10% gain over last year’s $288 million).

“Black Friday, better known as a shopping bonanza in brick-and-mortar retail stores, is increasingly becoming one of the landmark days in the online holiday shopping world,” said Gian Fulgoni, comScore’s chairman, in a statement.

nwz Continued @ Network World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: Web shoppers drive Black Friday sales up 11%

Postby TeMerc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 am

1rokon

Happy to say I helped contribute to this increase some. I bought another 20" Acer monitor $80 @ BestBuy online.

I then continued to buy a Wi-Fi Lynksys router, @ 50% off and a new shredder, also at 50% off. YHOO

Also ordered some RAM for my HP Pavilion machine. Getting thins in line for some test rigs, but not so much for malware, more related o MBAM installs and testing.

Return to “General Software\Internet Discussion”