TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Malware Databases

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Below is a list of different vendors malware databases or a top listing of infections.

The CA Security Advisory Team Top 5
They continually tabulate the most prevalent spyware threats based on reports from eTrust PestPatrol users around the world.

PCPitstop Top 25 Malwares
PC Pitstop has long been a source of information about spyware and how it spreads. Now we're using our test results database to give you weekly updates about which spyware is the most prolific and which spyware threats are growing over time. The prevalence numbers indicate the percent of PCs tested at PC Pitstop that had the particular form of spyware or adware. Our detection works by file name, so some forms of spyware may be listed multiple times if they consist of two or more files.

WinPatrols Most Detected Mysteryware
Unlike many other companies, BillP Studios doesn't force you to upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS before we'll help you remove dangerous threats on your computer.

Some of the following parasites are Adware, Spyware or start/search page hijackers programs. Others may be dangerous worms or viruses.

Panda Security Info: Top 10 Spyware
Real-time information and resources to stay safe from virus attacks. The list of spyware contains the spyware and adware most frequently detected in real time by the network of sensors that make up Panda's Global Virus Observatory.

a² Malware Database
The following harmful programs (Malware) can be detected and removed with a². The list contains Trojans, Backdoors, HackTools, Batch Viruses und Trojans, Internet-Worms, IRC-Worms, Java-Scripts, Webserver-Scripts, VBS-Scripts, Virus-Construction Kits, Denial of Service Tools (DoS), Distributed Denial of Service Tools (DDoS), Flooder, Keylogger, Nuker, Sniffer and Unix-Viruses.

*Long Load Time

Sunbelt CounterSpy Threat Library
Sunbelt wrote:The CounterSpy Threat Library is the largest database of application & spyware signatures, with thousands of spyware signatures. ThreatNet continuously updates our library with information obtained from its members. To view a full listing of a specific threat, click on a category below.

Spyware Guide Database
Spyware Research and Database
Learn About Online Privacy Threats
Free Advice on Online & Offline Privacy

Webroot Top Spyware Threats
The list below depicts the spyware threats most frequently identified by Webroot's Spy Audit, a free spyware scanner tool.

Webroot's dedicated team of expert spyware researchers compiled the threat background and additional spyware information provided.

Doxdesk Parasite Database
This is the full list of parasites documented here. The content of these pages is written from my own personal research, and is provided as-is; please read the disclaimner before attempting any of the removal procedures.

Fortinet Global Threat Center
Utilizing FortiGuard Subscription Services prevents both documented and undocumented threats and vulnerabilities from gaining access to your network. Fortinet understands the need to protect your valuable applications and data assets from these fast-spreading attacks. Stats for various time frames.
Last edited by TeMerc on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:04 am

UPDATED AUGUST 2005
Added:
SpywareGuide, Webroot and Doxdesk.

Links also added to main site, front page.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:02 pm

UPDATED: Nov 26
Added Fortinet Threat Center

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:56 am

UPDATE: Feb 13:
DoxDesk wrote:The parasite information database is gone for the moment. For more information about why I took this step see this site update.

When I started out doing this, as a back-end to the detector script, there were about half a dozen families of commercial malware to keep updated, and it was necessary to draw people's attention to the threats.

Since then of course the Spyware Problem has exploded beyond all possibility of one person tracking it all. It's now a more widespread and complicated problem than simple viruses ever were and there are now many companies employing many people to try and fight it. Of course there are any number of rogue marketing companies trying to make a quick buck out of anti-spyware too... but in any case, the issue hardly needs any more attention drawn to it at this point.

Secondly, despite saying “Please contact me if you believe I have unfairly classified your application!”, I am unable to deal with the queries this generates. Both due to the lack of time and the bomb-site nature of my mailbox—having had an e-mail address published across the web for many years means I get pretty much every spam, virus and bounce going. The best filtering in the world can't clear that up so it's likely a lot of my mail gets deleted or unread: I can't guarantee to respond in a timely fashion.

So, for now, the pages are down. However of course as they were Creative-Commons-licensed there is nothing to stop anyone else from taking them and maintaining them further. And the information itself is not gone forever; in one way or another it may help an upcoming project I hope will be very much of use to spyware victims.

Full Read @ DoxDesk

Source: SWI Boot Camp

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:18 am

This is truly sad news ... I've always been a fan of DoxDesk :(
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!