The latest malware threats from across the security forums
Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators
- Site Admin
- Posts: 15995
- Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
- Area Of Expertise: Security
- experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
- PC time: What else is there in life?
- Location: PHX, AZ
2009 was dominated by sophisticated malicious programs with rootkit functionality, Conficker, web attacks and botnets, SMS fraud and attacks on social networks. With the start of 2010 quickly approaching, researchers and analysts from Kaspersky Lab have come up with a list of six predictions for what will be the New Year’s greatest threats and newest attack vectors.
1. A rise in attacks originating from file sharing networks. Full details @ Help-Net Security Blog
2. An increase in mass malware epidemics via P2P networks.
3. Continuous competition for traffic from cybercriminals.
4. A decline in fake anti-virus programs.
5. An interest in attacking Google Wave.
6. An increase in attacks on iPhone and Android mobile platforms
Return to “Latest Malware Threats”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests