AutoRuns Updates [Updated Jan 4, '08]

This area is for freeware related to basic OS utilities. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

AutoRuns Updates [Updated Jan 4, '08]

Postby TeMerc » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:31 am

Last Updated: June 22, 2006
Version: v8.52

This utility, which has the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.

Autoruns' Hide Signed Microsoft Entries option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and it has support for looking at the auto-starting images configured for other accounts configured on a system. Also included in the download package is a command-line equivalent that can output in CSV format, Autorunsc.

Image Systernals| Image Autoruns | Image Autoruns Forum
Last edited by TeMerc on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:42 pm

Last Updated: July 10, 2006

This utility, which has the most comprehensive knowledge of auto-starting locations of any startup monitor, shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.

Autoruns' Hide Signed Microsoft Entries option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and it has support for looking at the auto-starting images configured for other accounts configured on a system. Also included in the download package is a command-line equivalent that can output in CSV format, Autorunsc.

ImageAutoruns | ImageAutoruns Forum | ImageFAQs |

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:55 pm

AutoRuns v8.54

You'll probably be surprised at how many executables are launched automatically!

Autoruns works on all versions of Windows including Windows XP 64-bit Edition (for x64) and Windows Server 2003 64-bit Edition (for x64).

What's new:
  • This release fixes bugs in path parsing and 32-bit path resolution on 64-bit systems and adds support for Local Security Authority security providers.

AutoRuns

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:15 am

Release date:1-19-2007
Version: 8.60

No change log details at this time

Autoruns 'Unofficial' Usage Guidelines

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:06 am

AutoRuns v8.70
July 9 2007
This Autoruns update adds a number of additional locations that can be configured to auto-start software during boot and logon and runs as standard user on Windows Vista by default, allowing administrators to elevate, if desired, by using a new menu option.

Source: Neowin

Download Page @ Microsoft

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Autoruns v9.0: This major update to Autoruns shows an entry’s raw launch string in its image details area, lists Explorer and IE COM classes names and icons, is aware of several more autostart locations, including additional shell extensions, Windows Vista scheduled tasks and Windows Vista Sidebar gadgets, and has better support for alternate online search engines.
0-= Technet Blogs

Return to “Utilities Section”