Tidy Start Menu

This area is for freeware related to basic OS utilities. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Tidy Start Menu

Postby TeMerc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:38 am

I found this neat lil tool over at Corrine's Security Garden

As time goes by, the list of the programs in the Start Menu becomes too long. As a result, each time you want to launch a program, it takes too much time to find it in the menu.

The "Tidy Start Menu" program will help you to put the menu in order and make your work comfortable.

For setting the menu in order, the program offers you to categorize the Menu. For example, the Internet programs can be put into the "Internet" category, while all games can be included in the "Games" category. Thus, after using the program, you will have a compact menu, which will contain nothing but categories' names.

0-= Tidy Start Menu

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Postby TeMerc » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Well after trumpeting this find to Steven, aka MysteryFCM he informed me that Clif had reviewed this app some time back. :o

Geez and there I thought I'd found something neat and it had been under my eyes the whole time.

Matter of fact, I'm not the only one who missed it. JeanInMontana also didn't recognize it as one of Clif's reviews.

When I sent Corrine a 'thank you' about posting the neat tool, this was before she knew Clif had previously wrote the app up, she said she expected it to be in his newsletter soon thereafter. rofl......well at least we all learned that we need to pay attention to Clif's newsletters a bit more closely.

Return to “Utilities Section”