Find Hidden Command Line Silent Switches for Setup Files

This area is for freeware related to basic OS utilities. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Find Hidden Command Line Silent Switches for Setup Files

Postby TeMerc » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:12 am

Author: Raymond
Installing a software seems easy. Just run the setup file, agree to license agreement, select destination location to install, confirm program’s shortcut location, create desktop and tray icon, and finally install. It looked like many steps are involved but we usually just ignore all those and continue clicking next until the setup completes. Installing on one computer is not a problem but what if I am required to install on hundreds of computers? Am I going to go to each computer and do the steps over and over again? Of course not!

There are hidden command line switches in most installer or setup which I can use to bypass all those confirmation message boxes. Some software developer will include the command line switches in its documentation but some don’t. There is a way I know that can sniff and find the silent switch for most setup file.

Universal Silent Switch Finder is a little program that can automatically determine which silent switches can be used with a setup file. All you need to do is just load the setup file with USSF and it can tell what installer is being used to pack the files and the command line switches.
0-= More @ RaymondCC

Return to “Utilities Section”