How To Resize An Unresizable Window or Dialog Box

Freeware unrelated to security and utilities can be posted here. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

How To Resize An Unresizable Window or Dialog Box

Postby TeMerc » Mon May 19, 2008 8:32 am

Two months ago cardif5 asked me in forum whether is there some way to make Microsoft Hearts window bigger by modifying the registry. If you run Hearts, you’ll notice that the window cannot be resized. Even the maximize button on top right is blurred out. Seems like the program has a fixed width and height. I tried to look for a solution and couldn’t find any registry hack to maximize the window and I gave up.

While I was surfing the Internet, I found TWO pretty interesting tool that attempts to let you resize an unresiable window. I tried resizing Microsoft Hearts and it worked! With this tool, I nowadays try to avoid scaling screenshots because everything becomes smaller and you can hardly see the text or button on the image. If the image is slightly wider than 513px, I will just resize the program window instead of scaling the image. This gives you a clearer picture than the blurry reduces sized image.

The first one that I found is called ResizeEnable. It is programmed by the same developer who made SplashKiller. It’s a very ugly system hack that sits in your system tray and attempts to make windows that can’t usually be resized, resizeable.

The second one I found that can also resize unresizable window plus many other feature is called AltMove. It adds more functionality to your mouse for interacting with windows.
0-= Details @ Raymond CC Blog

Return to “Misc. Freeware”