Vista SP1 -Auto Downloads begin 4-23

This forum is for tips, information and general news regarding Windows Vista.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Vista SP1 -Auto Downloads begin 4-23

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Posted by Mary Jo Foley
July 9th, 2007

I ran a short list on July 8 of some of the fixes and enhanced functionality that my sources are telling me will be part of Vista SP 1, a first beta of which is due to go to selected testers the week of July 16.

The AeroXPerience site has a supplementary list that includes other likely Vista SP1 additions, such as Windows Installer 4.1 and Windows Recovery Environment driver loading enhancements.

Over on Microsoft Security Software Engineer Robert Hensing’s blog, there’s mention of another fix coming in Vista SP1: A patch designed to remedy a ReadyBoost flaw that causes sluggish Vista system resume/startup performance. (Perhaps this is the update designed to fix SP1 shutdown performance that I mentioned on the original Vista SP1 short list?)

Another previously noted update that was, at least at one time, on the Vista SP1 fix-it list was an update for an IIS 7 Manager overwrite bug.

And there’s always the running tally maintained by the folks at TheHotFix.Net of patches (some of which Microsoft already has made available to customers) that could make it into Vista SP1.

I’m hearing SP1 won’t introduce any significant changes to the Vista user interface. Supposedly, the included fixes and updates also will not have a negative impact application compatibility. (In other words, if an app runs on Vista, it also should run automatically on Vista SP1.) No word on whether anything in SP1 will remedy any apps that currently dont’ work right with Vista.

Latest I hear is Microsoft is aiming to release the final version of Vista SP1 in November 2007.

Other Vista SP1 fixes you’re expecting — or for which you’re praying?

nwz All About Micorsoft Blog

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 am

What will and what won't be in Microsoft's key update
Adam Oxford
16 Jul 2007

While rumours of an imminent beta version of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 have been quashed, just what should we be expecting Microsoft's first package of fixes to do?

Unsurprisingly, Redmond isn't commenting on the content specifics of SP1. But the biggest issue that's facing consumers running Vista machines at the moment is system performance. So let's take a look at what we can expect inside the Service Pack, due later this year.
  • Performance improvements:
    Many of the initial stability issues in Windows Vista have been cured by better drivers since its release. But Windows XP still feels like a more agile working environment. Partly, Vista's problems are down to the constant indexing it performs for its search functions - although Desktop Search for Windows XP doesn't seem to suffer in the same way
  • Faster gaming:
    Gaming, too, has been disastrous on Vista. Microsoft has been pushing the Games for Windows idea hard. But not even the first DirectX 10 patches have been able to redeem it as a gaming platform.
  • Better third-party access:
    The good news is that the recent Google lawsuit means that SP1 will open up options for third party desktop search tools to run efficiently under Vista.
  • Better file transfers, improved ReadyBoost:
    The tweaks to file transfer - including the new DMA mode for SD cards - that have been reported mostly seem to point to finally making ReadyBoost mean something in terms of system performance.
nwz Tech Co UK

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows Vista SP1 Release Notes v2.0

Postby TeMerc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:17 am

These Release Notes provide important information you should know prior to deploying and using the Windows Vista SP1 operating system, including known issues. You should familiarize yourself with all of the known issues listed here prior to installing the software.

These release notes address late-breaking issues related to this release candidate of Windows Vista® Service Pack 1 (SP1), along with instructions for working around them. Unless otherwise specified, these notes apply to all editions of the Windows Vista operating system with SP1
0-= ActiveWin

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Report: Microsoft To Release Vista SP1 On Monday

Postby TeMerc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:37 pm

By Kevin McLaughlin, CMP Channel
Feb. 01, 2008

After months of speculation, Microsoft on Monday will release Windows Vista service pack 1 to manufacturing, according to a Friday report in the Malaysian hardware enthusiast blog Tech ARP. OEMs will also receive Windows Vista Service Pack 1 next week, according to the report.

A Microsoft spokesperson declined to comment on the report.

Microsoft has said on numerous occasions that Vista SP 1 won't include a raft of new features, but will instead focus on fortifying the security, performance, and reliability of the OS. Vista SP1 release candidate 1, the latest version that was unveiled in December, fixed issues with Vista's file copying, network browsing, and returning from sleep functions.

nwz CRN

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Report: Microsoft To Release Vista SP1 On Monday

Postby TeMerc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

Announcing the RTM of Windows Vista SP1

Posted by Mike Nash on Monday, February 04, 2008

Hi, Mike Nash here from the Windows Product Management group at Microsoft. Today we are excited to announce that we have released Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista to manufacturing (RTM) for our first set of languages (English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese).

Service Pack 1 is a very important milestone because it addresses many of the key issues that our customers have identified with Windows Vista over the last year both, directly and through programs like the Customer Experience Improvement Program. With Service Pack 1, we have made great progress in performance, reliability and compatibility. One of the great things about my job is that I get to play with the latest builds of our products -- I've personally been running Windows Vista SP1 pretty exclusively for a few months and I've noticed that my systems run faster and more reliably than they did with the "Gold" release of Windows Vista.

Here's the timing for SP1 availability for current Windows Vista users:
  • In mid-March, we will release Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Update (in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) and to the download center on microsoft.com. Customers who visit Windows Update can choose to install Service Pack 1. If Windows Update determines that the system has one of the drivers we know to be problematic, then Windows Update will not offer SP1. Since we know that some customers may want to update to SP1 anyhow, the download center will allow anyone who wants to install SP1 to do so.
  • In mid-April, we will begin delivering Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista customers who have chosen to have updates downloaded automatically. That said, any system that Windows Update determines has a driver known to not update successfully will not get SP1 automatically. As updates for these drivers become available, they will be installed automatically by Windows Update, which will unblock these systems from getting Service Pack 1. The result is that more and more systems will automatically get SP1, but only when we are confident they will have a good experience.
  • The remaining languages will RTM in April.
0-= Windows Vista Blog

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Programs known to experience problems with Vista SP1

Postby TeMerc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:00 am

Check this page of Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935796 entitled "Information about programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on a Windows Vista Service Pack 1-based computer" before you allow installation of SP1. Make sure you check with the vendor of your program whether their software has no more issue with Vista SP1.

Today, the article shows below programs are blocked from starting after you install Windows Vista SP1
  • BitDefender AV or Internet Security
  • Fujitsu Shock Sensor
  • Jiangmin KV Antivirus
  • Trend Micro Internet Security
  • Zone Alarm Security Suite
Then below programs do not run when you install Vista SP1:
  • Iron Speed Designer
  • Xheo Licensing
  • Free Allegiance
Next is.. Programs that have a loss of functionality after you install Windows Vista SP1:
  • NYT Reader
  • Rising Personal Firewall
  • Novell ZCM Agent
0-= More Details @ COU

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More on Vista SP1 [Updated Mar 15]

Postby TeMerc » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Vista SP1 to hit Windows Update Tuesday, reports say
By Gregg Keizer

March 15, 2008 (Computerworld) Microsoft will release Windows Vista Service Pack 1 next week to a wider audience, according to information posted on Amazon.com and reports from a Web site that correctly called SP1's ship date last month.

Amazon currently lists Vista SP1 retail copies as available next Wednesday, March 19, while TechARP.com, the Malaysian Web site that nailed the update's release to manufacturing (RTM) date several days early, said users would be able to download SP1 starting Tuesday, March 18.

Vista SP1 shipped to duplication and OEMs Feb. 4, but since then it has only been available to previous beta testers, volume licensing customers and subscribers to IT subscription services. In fact, subscribers to TechNet and Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) only got access to SP1 after raising a ruckus, with some threatening to cancel their subscriptions and others saying they would postpone Vista deployment.

nwz More @ Computer World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More on Vista SP1 [Released Mar 18]

Postby TeMerc » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 am

Windows Vista SP1 Released to Windows Update
Posted by Nick White on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today, you can now download Windows Vista SP1 via Windows Update. For those of you eager to receive the benefits of Windows Vista SP1 - you can now do so! We've seen quite a bit of questions in our comments so we want to communicate as much as possible surrounding Windows Vista SP1 and today's release to Windows Update as we can.

For those of you happy to wait - sit tight because SP1 will start downloading to PCs automatically beginning in mid-April (Remember, this happens only if you have your Windows Update configured to automatically download updates and SP1 will automatically download but not automatically install). But if you want to get the benefit of a year's worth of improvements right now, go check Windows Update today...(Hit the Start Menu, All Programs, and select Windows Update).

If in running Windows Update you do not see Windows Vista SP1 listed, there are a number of good reasons for this (Eight in fact, see the whole list).
0-= Continued With More Details @ Windows Vista Blog

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 [Released Mar 18] [Install Bugs? - Mar 19]

Postby TeMerc » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Windows Vista SP1 Wreaks Havoc On Some PCs, Users Complain

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
March 19, 2008

A day after it was released for public download, Windows Vista SP1 is drawing barbs from some computer users who say the software wrecked their systems.

Other troubles reported by Vista SP1 users ranged from a simple inability to download the software from Microsoft's Windows Update site to sudden spikes in memory usage. "Went from using 650 MB RAM idle to 1 Gig... I'll be switching back," said "Kurrier."

It's not uncommon for major software patches to cause problems when first released. Windows XP Service Pack 1 inflicted numerous glitches on host computers when it shipped in 2002. Microsoft fixed many of the problems with subsequent patches.

The service pack will not install on computers that use peripheral device drivers that Microsoft has deemed incompatible. The list includes a small set of audio and display drivers made by Realtek and Intel as well as drivers from several other manufacturers.

nwz Information Week
0-= Windows Vista Blog Comments

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 [Released 3 18][Install Bugs? - 3-19][FAQ Mar20]

Postby TeMerc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 pm

FAQ: How to get Vista SP1
By Gregg Keizer

March 20, 2008 (Computerworld) After refusing to let most users have Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) for weeks, Microsoft on Tuesday finally said everyone could have it.

Well, almost everyone.

The details of who gets SP1 now and how -- and who doesn't and why -- were pretty Byzantine, even for Windows. Microsoft recognized that, and dedicated one of its longer Vista blog posts to the topic.

So where will SP1 show up and when and for whom? Good questions.

We have the answers. Or at least we think so, based on the info from Microsoft.

What's the (Microsoft) plan, Stan? Simply put -- which nothing is, naturally -- Microsoft has said that Vista users can update to SP1 via Windows Update (WU) now by manually selecting the service pack from the WU list. Next month, the company will toggle the automatic bit, so to speak, and begin pushing SP1 to all Vista users who have Automatic Updates set to both download and install fixes automatically. Other users who have Automatic Updates set to download patches but notify them before installing -- or to simply notify them that something is available -- will get the notices regarding SP1 from Automatic Updates in "mid-April," as Microsoft has said. David Zipkin, a Vista senior product manager, said on Tuesday that Microsoft might flip that bit early if things go well this month.

Addressed:
  • I stay away from Windows Update and let the OS do its own thing. I have no idea what you're talking about. So where do I start?
  • Okay, I'm staring at Windows Update's list, and don't see Service Pack 1. What do I do?
  • I didn't try an early version of SP1 but Microsoft still won't give me the service pack. What's my next move
  • I speak English-German-French-Japanese-or-Spanish, but still no SP1. Am I out of luck?
  • Prerequisites are in place but WU's still jerking my chain. What now?
  • But how do I know if my machine harbors a driver that's blocking me from getting SP1?
  • But isn't there a way to update drivers?
  • I'm exhausted..., and I still don't see SP1! Any suggestions, or do I just downgrade to Windows XP?
  • I don't want to download some behemoth standalone installer. What do I do?
nwz Continued @ Computer World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 [Released 3 18][More Bugs + FAQ Mar20]

Postby TeMerc » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Vista SP1 Chokes On Widely Used Intel Chipset Drivers
By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
March 20, 2008

PCs from Hewlett-Packard, Gateway, Lenovo, and other major computer makers that contain a widely used Intel chipset can't be upgraded to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 if they're running certain drivers.

The affected chipset is Intel's 945G Express series, which is used in computers from virtually all major system vendors. It's also found on standalone motherboards sold by Asus. The 945G Express chipset driver versions between numbers 7.14.10.1322 and 7.14.10.1403 won't work with Vista SP1, according to Microsoft.

nwz More @ Information Week

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 [Released 3 18][Availability Probs + FAQ [Mar 21]

Postby TeMerc » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:30 am

Angry Vista users vent over SP1 driver issues

March 21, 2008 (Computerworld) Confused and angry users are blasting Microsoft Corp. on its own Vista blog over the requirements for downloading Service Pack 1 (SP1). And an industry analyst feels their pain.

The service pack is being withheld from machines containing one or more of the listed drivers, because, as Microsoft put it in a support document, "these device drivers are problematic on Windows Vista-based computers when you update to Windows Vista SP1."

That made an industry analyst wonder about Microsoft's driver testing process. "When Microsoft said there were problems with drivers, I assumed it was some odd scanner or camera, or an ancient printer or something," said Michael Cherry, analyst with Directions on Microsoft, a Kirkland, Wash.-based research firm. "But then I saw the list. It makes me wonder what's going on with device driver testing.

"Microsoft keeps saying that there's this vast ecosystem of device drivers, but it appears there's a much smaller number of reliable, well-tested drivers. Because if these drivers [on Microsoft's list] were tested, that calls into question the testing process."

nwz Computer World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 [Released 3 18][Driver Probs For Many [Mar 22]]

Postby TeMerc » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:20 pm

So Microsoft, Why Can’t I Get Windows Vista SP1?
March 22nd, 2008
By Michael Santo
Editor-in-Chief, RealTechNews

Windows Vista SP1 is now available, but not everyone can get it. That includes me, at least on my Dell Inspiron M1710. You’ll recall that Microsoft isn’t going to offer SP1 via Windows Update to anyone who has a “problematic driver.”

But I couldn’t figure out why my M1710 was excluded. A cursory glance at the drivers made me think I shouldn’t be blocked, and I already had all the prerequisite updates. So, I had to look at KB948343 to figure out why. And I had to do it the hard way: searching for each file in the list of problematic drivers.

I found it: I have SigmaTel driver file Stwrt.sys (version 6.10.5343.1). Since version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier is excluded, that’s what’s blocking me. The problem is that Dell has not updated that driver, so I’m stuck.

Here’s my question: why did I have to search for the driver? Microsoft obviously knew I had an issue; why doesn’t Windows Update just tell me?

Hey Microsoft, how about a tool that might tell users a) what the problem is, b) where to get a new driver (if possible)? Seems to be that it wouldn’t be that much work for Microsoft (well, maybe, to keep it up to date, but it would really help end user satisfaction).

Dell and other OEMs have plenty of blame to shoulder; I’m sure they knew about these drivers a long time ago and had plenty of time to update their support pages. However, I still stand by my comment that Microsoft / OEMs should provide a simple tool to find these incompatibilities. I can’t imagine my mother-in-law being able to figure this out - without my help.

0-= More @ RealTechNews

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1[Released 3-18- Free Support For Install Probs 3-24

Postby TeMerc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:59 am

Microsoft offers free support for Vista SP1 installs
By Gregg Keizer
March 24, 2008 (Computerworld) Microsoft Corp. is offering free support to any Windows Vista user experiencing problems with installing Service Pack 1 (SP1), according to a company spokesman.

"[Anyone] needing technical support regarding your installation of Windows Vista SP1, please go to the following URL and choose the bottom option that says 'Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)'," said Brandon LeBlanc, a Microsoft employee who posted several comments to the company's Vista blog. The link LeBlanc pointed users to led to a Vista SP1-specific support site.

"You have a variety of options you can choose for support, all of which will not cost you any support fee," said LeBlanc. "I repeat: support for SP1 will not cost you anything."

nwz Computer World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 -MS Offering Free Install Support For Probs [3-24]

Postby TeMerc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:06 pm

FAQ: How to dump Vista SP1
By Gregg Keizer

March 24, 2008 (Computerworld) Last week Microsoft rolled out Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to Windows Update, giving the majority of users their first look at the big update. Some didn't like what they saw.

If you've had problems with SP1 -- and by the tone of much of the news coverage, you're not alone -- you can turn back the hands of time, or at least those on your PC, to before you jumped on the service pack.

How do I get rid of Service Pack 1? (SP1)
The simplest way, according to Microsoft's own documentation and its support staff, is to uninstall it using the normal procedure for tossing out unwanted applications.

From Control Panel, click "Programs" then in the ensuing window under "Programs and Features," click "Uninstall a program."

Click "View installed updates," select "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB936330)" and click "Uninstall."

Continued....
How long does it take to uninstall SP1?
According to a Microsoft technical support representative we talked to, it should take between 20 and 30 minutes to uninstall the service pack. A Computerworld guinea pig PC, loaded with Vista Ultimate and updated last week to SP1, took around 35 minutes to return to its pre-updated self.

Continued....
Are there any SP1 bits left on the machine?
Microsoft says no. But the updates which Microsoft required prior to offering Service Pack 1 through Windows Update -- dubbed "prerequisites" by the company -- do remain.

Continued
Are there any other Microsoft-approved ways to uninstall SP1?
According to the KB948537 support document, the company also says users can roll back to a pre-SP1 state by using Vista's System Restore feature.

Continued.....
nwz Full Details @ Computer World

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 - MS Support Was Already Free? [3-25]

Postby TeMerc » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 am

Invent-a-story: Free support for Vista SP1 update must be related to Vista 'problems' ... Even if it really isn't
OK, I just blogged about this issue, sort of, but what the heck.

Here's what's happening: As I noted in my own article about the arrival of Windows Vista SP1 to the public, Microsoft is offering free support to customers. This is how I worded it, in its entirety:

That's an important point: Because Microsoft offers service packs to customers, they support them directly, regardless of how you obtained Windows Vista. So you've got free email-, online chat-, or phone-based support waiting for you if something does go wrong.

And that's it. No sensation. No separate article about this one fact. Just a blurb in a wider article about the arrival of SP1. Simple, factual, to the point.

More important, perhaps, this free support isn't unique to Vista SP1. Microsoft has always provided free support for its service packs. That's what they do. It's available via toll-free phone, email, or online chat. Your choice.

But how do other tech publications handle this story? Let's look.
0-= Paul's SuperSite Blog

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 - MS Updates [4-7]

Postby TeMerc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 am

I have a quick update for you about Windows Vista SP1. The Microsoft Update Blog contains some important information about updates to the SP1 prerequisite distribution plan. Starting tomorrow, we are resuming the automatic update and installation of the Servicing Stack Update.
In mid-April, we will begin distributing SP1 (in the first 5 languages) using the Automatic Update system. We have a lot of Windows users, so not everyone will get it on the same day. In fact, it will go to a small percentage of Windows Vista users each day. The exact timing of when you will receive it depends on when your PC is ready for Windows Vista SP1.

In addition to starting the automatic delivery of the first 5 languages, I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that also we're on track for the initial release of SP1 in the remaining languages in mid-April.
0-= Windows Vista Blog

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 - MS Updates\Boot Loopo Fix [4-7]

Postby TeMerc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Vista SP1 reboot bug fixed
Posted by Ed Bott @ Apr 7, 2008

Ed Bott wrote:Remember that issue where trying to install Vista SP1 would result in a hard-to-break reboot cycle? Well, the Microsoft Update blog says the problem was caused by “a few unknown and rare events” during the installation of one of the prerequisites to installing SP1: KB937287, the Servicing Stack Update (SSU).
That issue is reportedly fixed now:
To address this problem for people who have not already installed the SSU, we are releasing a fix tomorrow which will install prior to the SP1 Servicing Stack Update. This pre-SSU update helps to ensure a smooth install of the SSU by working to prevent the system from rebooting during the SP1 SSU installation. We also made additional changes to the SSU installer code, so that it checks for and requires the pre-SSU (KB949939) before it will install.

These two updates should now install seamlessly through Windows Update, in the proper order, so those of you with WU set to “install updates automatically” who haven’t already installed the SSU don’t have to take any further action. For those using the standalone download of SP1, the issues we encountered do not affect that method of installing at all.
0-= More @ ZDNET

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 - First Feature Pack-[4-18]

Postby TeMerc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:06 am

Microsoft releases first Windows Vista Feature Pack
April 18th, 2008
by Long Zheng

So I guess this is what you call teaching an old dog new tricks. A couple of days ago Microsoft released a new update for Windows Vista that adds additional wireless support and functionality to the operating system through a “feature pack”. Specifically it adds support for Bluetooth 2.1, a new “Unified Pairing” interface as well as “Windows Connect Now” updates and can only be installed on Vista SP1.

This is interesting to me not because any of the features above, but because up until now, the client version of Windows has never had “feature packs”. We have hotfixes, security patches, service packs and rollups, but not feature packs. What are they?

Upon a little investigation (Google Search, first search), it’s apparent feature packs are quite abundant for Windows Server. To be exact, there are 16 feature packs for Windows Server 2003 which adds a variety of functionality to the server. In essence, they provide new features to an existing operating system as a standalone update. Someone smarter than me might have came to that conclusion just by looking at the name and I envy you.

0-= More @ IStartedSomething

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vista SP1 -Auto Downloads begin 4-23

Postby TeMerc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 pm

We're excited about the progress we've made with Windows Vista Service Pack 1. On March 18th, Windows Vista SP1 was made available for customers who chose to manually download and install it from the Microsoft Download Center or Windows Update in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Last week, we made the remaining languages available - giving WU users the ability to download and install Windows Vista Service Pack in any of 36 supported languages. Today, we're happy to announce that we are beginning automatic distribution of SP1 in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
So what does this mean? Over the next few months Microsoft will automatically distribute Windows Vista SP1 to PCs that have automatic updates turned on (Learn how to turn on automatic updating) and running English, French, German, Spanish, or Japanese via Windows Update. Automatic distribution will only occur, according to user settings, on PCs ready for SP1. After Windows Vista SP1 downloads, WU will let you know that "new updates are available." You'll then be asked to make a few clicks before the installation of SP1 will begin.

While we're beginning automatic distribution today, you might not see it right away since the distribution process is very gradual. As I called out on April 7th, we'll be distributing the service pack slowly so that we can help Windows users have a good experience.

As I posted above, we made the remaining languages of SP1 available for manual install on the Microsoft Download Center and Windows Update last week. We'd like to let those of you running one of those languages that we'll plan to start automatic distribution of those languages sometime in mid-May.

We hope you enjoy the many improvements that have been made in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and are excited to start automatic distribution so more of you can begin experiencing the benefits.
nwz Windows Vista Blog

Return to “Windows Vista”