The How-To-GeekOne of the more advanced options for resizing your Windows Vista partition is to use the GParted Live CD, a bootable linux CD that takes you straight into GParted, the great linux utility for managing partitions. The problem is that if you resize your boot/system partition, you will be completely unable to boot without repairing windows.
First make sure that you have a bootable Windows Vista installation DVD, as you will be unable to use your computer if you don't. Next, download the GParted Live CD and burn it to cd.
This forum is for tips, information and general news regarding Windows Vista.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 15995
- Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:16 pm
- Area Of Expertise: Security
- experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
- PC time: What else is there in life?
- Location: PHX, AZ
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3721
- Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 12:42 pm
- Location: Newcastle, UK
04 July 2008 : Stable GParted Live 0.3.7-7 are available !
We are happy to announce that stable GParted Live 0.3.7-7 is available!
1. New GParted (0.3.7).
2. Newer kernel 2.6.24-7 is used.
3. Network modules were added so that PXE booting will work.
Both of them are available here.
Remember to check the LiveCD and LiveUSB webpages for more details.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest