GFI Software acquires Sunbelt Software

All Security related news can be posted here, and unrelated news can be posted here as well.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Postby Spudz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 am

Today, it was announced that Sunbelt Software has been acquired by GFI Software. The new combined entity will provide a wide range of security and infrastructure software solutions, both on-premise and in the cloud.

First, let me say that we’re thrilled to be part of the GFI team. Throughout our discussions and interactions with GFI, we have been continually impressed with their dedication to quality, customer service and superior performance throughout the company. Both companies are similar in their attitudes and practices with regard to customer service, product quality, strategic vision, organizational styles and culture.
On the technology side, the acquisition allows us to expand into several areas, which we believe are essential for us to grow as a company and continue to provide leading-edge technologies to our customers. These areas include vulnerability assessment, patch management, data leakage prevention, hosted/cloud-based technologies, and solutions for MSPs.

We have already identified a number of synergies between the products, and are working with the GFI team on these areas. These include putting our VIPRE technology into various GFI products (such as GFI MAX and GFI MailSecurity); and integrating GFI's DLP technology and vulnerability/patch management into VIPRE Enterprise. More details will be forthcoming as we execute on the product roadmap.

Continues at Sunbelt blog

And

GFI Software Acquires Sunbelt Software
Written by Giselle Borg Olivier on July 13, 2010 – 2:08

We have enhanced our Security Product Offering with the Acquisition of Sunbelt Software and specifically its VIPRE® product suite. The acquisition will allow us to merge VIPRE technology into our email security and web security solutions group, and will provide us with new security products consisting of world-class and innovative technology. The assets of Sunbelt’s software distribution business, started over 16 years ago and separate from the technology side of the company, will be divested into a separate entity and the company is exploring other strategic partnerships.

Continues at TechTalkToMe - GFI Software Blog
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Return to “General News\Security News”