China Jails Trojan Virus Authors in Cybercrime Crackdown

In this forum you'll find the latest scumbags who got busted for online related criminal activity.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Postby Spudz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 am

PC World
Owen Fletcher, Idg News Service – Wed Dec 16, 11:40 pm ET

A Chinese court Wednesday sentenced 11 members of a malware ring for writing and distributing Trojan horse viruses meant to steal online game account passwords, according to state media.

The people, who stole login information for more than 5 million game accounts, were given prison sentences of up to three years and were fined a total of 830,000 Chinese yuan (US$120,000), China's Xinhua news agency said. Dozens of other members of the ring, which is suspected of 30 million yuan ($4.4 million) in crime, are expected to be sentenced soon, Xinhua said.

Reports of arrests and court sentences for cybercriminals have become increasingly common in China after the country has strengthened its laws governing the activity. The government action has come in response to increasing signs of organization among cybercriminals, including division of the labor needed to design, distribute and profit from information-stealing malware.

The huge popularity of online games in China has helped fuel the growth in cybercrime. Attackers often loot virtual equipment such as gold coins, weapons and armor from stolen game accounts and sell the items to other players for physical cash.

Continues at Yahoo News
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: China Jails Trojan Virus Authors in Cybercrime Crackdown

Postby TeMerc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 pm

1rokon YHOO t*u

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: China Jails Trojan Virus Authors in Cybercrime Crackdown

Postby MysteryFCM » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Rather funny, considering China is currently in the top 3 countries in my list, of the biggest malware sources ....... (even funnier is, their CERT e-mail address, suddenly stopped working a week or two ago ........ begs the question of whether what they're reporting is actually true, or just what they've been told)
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “BUSTED!”