Gonzalez Takes Plea in More Hacking Cases

In this forum you'll find the latest scumbags who got busted for online related criminal activity.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Postby Spudz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 pm

By: Roy Mark
2009-12-29

In one of the largest data breaches ever investigated and prosecuted in the U.S., notorious hacker Albert Gonzalez adds guilty pleas for cracking the networks of Heartland Payment Systems, 7-11 and Hannaford Brothers. Gonzalez previously pleaded guilty to hacking TJX Companies, BJ’s Wholesale Club, OfficeMax, Boston Market, Barnes & Noble and Sports Authority.

Notorious hacker Albert Gonzalez pleaded guilty Dec. 29 to conspiracy to hack into the computer networks of New Jersey-based card processor Heartland Payment Systems, nationwide convenience store chain 7-11 and the supermarket chain Hannaford Brothers Co. The hacks netted Gonzalez access to tens of millions of credit and debit cards.

Gonzalez prevoiusly pleaded guilty Sept. 11 to hacking into the systems of major U.S. retailers including TJX Companies, BJ’s Wholesale Club, OfficeMax, Boston Market, Barnes & Noble and Sports Authority and the Dave & Buster's reataurant chain. More than 40 million credit and debit card numbers were stolen as a result of the hacking activity.

Based on the terms of the Dec. 29 plea agreement, Gonzalez will not seek a prison term under 17 years and the government will not seek a prison term of more than 25 years. In his previous convictions, Gonzalez faces a minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 25 years in prison. The sentences will run concurrently.

Continues at eweek
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Return to “BUSTED!”