Police Arrest 178 in U.S.-Europe Raid on CC ‘Cloning Labs'

In this forum you'll find the latest scumbags who got busted for online related criminal activity.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Police Arrest 178 in U.S.-Europe Raid on CC ‘Cloning Labs'

Postby Spudz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Police Arrest 178 in U.S.-Europe Raid on Credit Card ‘Cloning Labs’

Equipment seized from 'cloning lab'. Photo courtesy Spanish Ministry of Interior.

Police have arrested 178 people in Europe and the United States suspected of cloning credit and debit cards in an international scam worth over 20 million euro ($24.52 million), according to a report from Reuters and authorities in Spain.

The stories so far are all light on details or whether this bust was connected to specific fraud forums that facilitate the trade in stolen credit card data, but the wire reports include the following information:

Police in fourteen countries participated a two-year investigation, initiated in Spain where police have discovered 120,000 stolen credit card numbers and 5,000 cloned cards, arrested 76 people and dismantled six cloning labs.

The raids were made primarily in Romania, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland and the United States, with arrests also made in Australia, Sweden, Greece, Finland and Hungary. The detainees are also suspected of armed robbery, blackmail, sexual exploitation and money-laundering, the police said.

Continues at KrebsonSecurity
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Return to “BUSTED!”