Infection Links target Orkut Users On Twitter

Look in this specific forum for newly found security threats which may not yet be covered by your usual security software

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Infection Links target Orkut Users On Twitter

Postby TeMerc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:46 am

By Christopher Boydon September 8, 2008 5:03 PM
Orkut has long been a popular target for hackers, and we've come across evidence of Orkut users being targeted via Twitter pages carrying infection links.

The pages linked to either try and get you to download an infection file straight away, or pretend you're installing a Flash update.

Once the files are run on the end-users PC, a variety of horrible things will be installed including the usual banking trojans aimed at Orkut users (the banks targeted here being Brazilian ones, as far as we can tell) and attempts at other forms of data theft. For example, one of the EXEs will pop open the Orkut website in an attempt to get you to fill in your user details.

0-= Continued w\Screenshots @ SpywareGuide Greynet Blog

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Infection Links target Orkut Users On Twitter

Postby MysteryFCM » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Very likely the skiddies on the DarkC0de forums aren't far behind this ...... (from what I've seen, they've little talent (in the time I've been looking, I've seen a ton of them wanting their hands held) so doubt they could do it alone);

http://forum.darkc0de.com/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&topic=1809&page=0#msg10656

Came across that forum yesterday and it's provided me with one or two laughs (can't help laughing both at their stupidity for leaving the forums mostly publicly viewable, and for their proving themselves completely useless, even when seemingly provided instructions)
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “EMERGING SECURITY THREATS!”