Microsoft's message to IT pros: Meet us half way with Window

This forum is for tips, news and information about the next generation of Windows, now officially named 'Windows 7' as of Oct 13

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Microsoft's message to IT pros: Meet us half way with Window

Postby Spudz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:23 pm

September 29th, 2009
Microsoft's message to IT pros: Meet us half way with Windows 7

Posted by Mary Jo Foley @ 12:57 pm

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is confident about Windows 7. But he’s nowhere near as outwardly cocky about the business prospects for the operating system as he and other Microsoft execs were with previous Windows releases.

In fact, Ballmer told IT pros during a low-key September 29 business-launch kick-off event “thanks for your consideration of Windows 7.”

Ballmer and a handful of invited corporate Microsoft customers took to the stage for Microsoft’s “The New Efficiency” event today. The overall theme of the hour-and-a-half event — which was live in San Francisco and Webcast, as well — was how IT pros can, with less, do more.

The products that Microsoft touted during the event included Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, Exchange Server 2010, and, to a lesser extent, the Forefront enterprise security suite and System Center management line.

Ballmer said it was Microsoft’s job to help IT pros get corporate buy-in for Windows 7. He said Microsoft was responsible for half that effort (actually, he pegged the number at 60 percent). But the other 40 percent of the job was up to enterprise users. They’re the ones who need to convince their purse-string-controlling bosses that it’s worth upgrading to Windows 7, in spite of tight budgets and cost-cutting pressures.
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

Return to “Windows 7”