Mindblower
Countermeasures Agent
Countermeasures Agent
Area Of Expertise: More tinkering in hardware than software
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: Alot more than I should

Tragic tragedy

Postby Mindblower » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Earlier this year, at a late night movie screening of The Dark Knight Rises 2, shock, horror, and death. Many people killed and injured by a lone gunman. I refrained an earlier comment, as I thought it unpolite to speak at such a time of morning. I extend my condolences to all those who suffered a loss.

The one thing which really struck me as odd, on the night of the incident, was hearing young children (babies) were victims. WHAT? This is an extremely violent movie. Surely a rating of over 13 for sure. But no, parents did bring their young ones. The movie staff allowed them admittance. And then the cries from the silly (I refraining from screaming at them) parents and media alike. YOU a**h****, how dare you demand sympathy when you're the responsible parent(s) who took your babies late at night to see such violence. NOTme

Blame needs to be shared, but the media does not like to be a parent. It does not sell well, and the advertisers don't want their products shown in the same context, when a wrong is mentioned. An omission is not like telling the truth, or is it? They are not in the witness seat, swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Not sure if I'll ever want to see this movie, as it's a dark movie (says so in the title). Just needed to vent, Mindblower! grgr
A converted Windows 8 user (using third party programs to ease the transition)

Return to “Movies, TV Other Media”