Anyone Wanna Buy My Chevelle?

Post all things related to any sports. If ESPN carries it, then it's a legit sport.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Anyone Wanna Buy My Chevelle?

Postby TeMerc » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:58 am

I am getting rid of my Chevelle, I don't use it much, have not in the last 6-7 years.

Partially because I spend too much time here (last 2 yrs), partially because I don't have the extra money to run it. I'll be using some the proceeds to upgrade my RAM for my machines. ^>

You can see all the details here along with more pix.

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 am

Not sure about the car but damn am I loving that house!
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 pm

MysteryFCM wrote:Not sure about the car but damn am I loving that house!

The house directly behind the car is not my model (2 story), the ones on either side of that one are tho.

KiD
Visiting Admin\Mod
Visiting Admin\Mod

Postby KiD » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:17 am

Damn that car is sweeeet Tom, I only wish I could mate!

Tell you what, if you have it freighted over to the UK and sort out all the import taxes and what not I will give you £50 for it :)
KiD a.k.a Darren J McCabe

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:19 am

KiD wrote:Damn that car is sweeeet Tom, I only wish I could mate!

Tell you what, if you have it freighted over to the UK and sort out all the import taxes and what not I will give you £50 for it :)

Make it 100 and it's on the way. rofl

JeanInMontana
PC time: More than 4 hours a day

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:47 pm

MysteryFCM wrote:Not sure about the car but damn am I loving that house!

You can barely see the house. At least from my angle of things, big garage door and a glimpse of two windows.
Image Image

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:10 pm

Just got around to readin' these posts - Your Chevelle RULES - can't believe you're getting flack about it - I'll be surprized if you haven't received a bonafide offer by now - if you haven't, consider driving it up for Roseburg, Oregon's annual "Graffiti Night" event (muscle car extravaganza) in August - it would fit right in! 8)
"Old John from redneck country"

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:50 pm

I don't think I'm getting flak about it at all. And so far all I have gotten in response to the online ad is two guys trying to scam me rofl

Locally we have in the town of Scottsdale a regular Saturday event, which begins about 3PM give or take of all sorts of vehicles, usually on a good nite, 300-400 cars. It lasts til at least 9PM or so.

They take over a McDonald's on the Indian rez (land rented by the tribe to the town). It's all properly coordinated and run with live DJ too. I need to get the car there, but this last weekend, and this one coming up, rain is in the forecast, so it'll stay inside til sun stays out.

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:02 pm

I would just like to say... that is one sweat looking car. I wish i was old enough to drive. :)

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Well I have had two inquiries about the car, sadly, both were attempted scams as described by the 'security' section of the online site the car is also displayed on:
BUYER SCAMS
Fraudsters sometimes pose as buyers interested in your vehicle for sale. They may try to pass you bad checks or overpay you and ask you to refund the difference. Here is the most important point:

Most fraud buyers use counterfeit cashier’s checks and the bank has 30 days to verify the check.

Do not assume that because the bank has cashed the check for you, it is a legitimate check. After the bank has paid you the money, the bank has 30 days to determine if the check is valid or not. The bank will come after you if they discover the check/money order is counterfeit. You will be expected to pay the funds back to the bank.

And they were dumb enough to essentially use the same exact email as well, almost to the word.

None of the addresses Googled to actual homes based on what I could find. Then one of 'em came up as another scam from a while back, but address was still the same.

I emailed em back saying I wasn't as dumb as they had hoped and passed on all the email header info to see if they can be traced.

KiD
Visiting Admin\Mod
Visiting Admin\Mod

Postby KiD » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:01 am

John Hebard wrote:Just got around to readin' these posts - Your Chevelle RULES - can't believe you're getting flack about it - I'll be surprized if you haven't received a bonafide offer by now - if you haven't, consider driving it up for Roseburg, Oregon's annual "Graffiti Night" event (muscle car extravaganza) in August - it would fit right in! 8)

Woah! i deffinitely think the car rocks, my offer of cash was only low as I am a bum and have no money :)

Was hoping he may have a mental moment and send it all over.
KiD a.k.a Darren J McCabe

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:12 am

KiD wrote:
John Hebard wrote:Just got around to readin' these posts - Your Chevelle RULES - can't believe you're getting flack about it - I'll be surprized if you haven't received a bonafide offer by now - if you haven't, consider driving it up for Roseburg, Oregon's annual "Graffiti Night" event (muscle car extravaganza) in August - it would fit right in! 8)

Woah! i deffinitely think the car rocks, my offer of cash was only low as I am a bum and have no money :)

Was hoping he may have a mental moment and send it all over.

Clarification noted! Yeah, I can relate to the money thing. I can still remember the first car that I wanted to buy, it was a Chevrolet Corvair ( no, not Corvette, Corvair ) a rather lame car at best, sort of like the Gremlin. Never heard of either of those? Well, what can I say... that's why I'm "Old John...." ;)

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:24 am

Hahaha.......Corvair well my first car was a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville:

Little bit larger than a Corvair, eh John? lmao

Loved that car, 389\320hp, 4bbl, auto and HUGE everything!!!

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:41 pm

Yep! That beats a Corvair all-to-hell, but, I didn't buy it, a better deal came along that I did buy for my first set of wheels: A 65' Dodge Cornet! Sounds like an "ol fogie" car doesn't it? Nah, not this sleeper, it could eat up most every car on base. If you would tell me how I can post a larger image, like the one of yours, I might be willing to find a photo of it to give you a look see. Unless, of course, you're afraid of a little competition in the cool car category. HAHA HAH!

@#

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:40 pm

John Hebard wrote:Yep! That beats a Corvair all-to-hell, but, I didn't buy it, a better deal came along that I did buy for my first set of wheels: A 65' Dodge Cornet! Sounds like an "ol fogie" car doesn't it? Nah, not this sleeper, it could eat up most every car on base. If you would tell me how I can post a larger image, like the one of yours, I might be willing to find a photo of it to give you a look see. Unless, of course, you're afraid of a little competition in the cool car category. HAHA HAH!

@#

OK, I'm not sure how to make any pic you take larger without making it blurry, so maybe one of the others can help. I just happened to snag that pic off Google.

Coronets were big time sleepers, especially if ya happened to have one with a 440 six-pack in it, and had no stripes or anything like that.

And in so far as the 'cool car category', here's my list:
'63 Stingray Convertible, Sil\Blk, 327\340hp(one option below fuelie), Used in the movie Flamingo Kid, starring Matt Dillion. And yes I have the pix to prove it too.
'64 Vette Convert, Blk\Blk, 327\365, again, one step below fuelie.

Those were my coolest, but I also had a '68 GTO, my first 4 spd car, smoked a lot of rubber with that baby. At least it was only rubber, each time I'd do burnouts with the Vettes, a universal wold eventually give way(typically about 100 miles later)

Then I had a slew of Chevies:
63 Biscayne
66 Chevelle, 67 Chevelle, another '69 Chevelle, '67 Impala, '69 Impala and shortly there after I went nuts an bought a '86 Cavalier :| My only real weak car moment from those days. Even the '72 Pinto wasn't that weak, it could hit almost 72 mph downhill with a stiff breeze!!

mikey
Countermeasures Team
Countermeasures Team

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 am

Sweet!

I used to have a 69 and also a 66. Both were new at the time and both were SS with fat blocks(396)(Malibu). The 66 was the first year the SS fat block was offered. I'd love to get my hands on another 66. The o'lady is still driving a SS but it's a new one...Impala. :)

What are you asking? I'll trade you a 24' flatbed gooseneck for it. :)

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:52 am

mikey wrote:Sweet!

I used to have a 69 and also a 66. Both were new at the time and both were SS with fat blocks(396)(Malibu). The 66 was the first year the SS fat block was offered. I'd love to get my hands on another 66. The o'lady is still driving a SS but it's a new one...Impala. :)

What are you asking? I'll trade you a 24' flatbed gooseneck for it. :)

I've never been a fan of the BB, I have always been happy enough with SBs. Biggest engine I ever had, cubic inch wise was my Bonneville. My Chevelle is packin at least 375hp\400tq, not too shabby for a GM certified crate motor.

I'm asking 22K, but anything near 20 gets it. And I think I'll pass on the swap. ;)

mikey
Countermeasures Team
Countermeasures Team

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:21 am

I've been known to put a few SMs together before too :) This was the last one before I was too crippled to twist a wrench anymore;

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:35 pm

Okay TeMerc, I guess ya' got me beat. I can't compete with the likes of those. Just for grins though, I'll see if I can find an old 35 mm of "Danny Dodge" and scan it in. It didn't have the 440, rather, a 383 w/ .060 bore, 3/4 cam and a speed shift.

Aaaah, the good old days!

^>

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:15 pm

John Hebard wrote:Okay TeMerc, I guess ya' got me beat. I can't compete with the likes of those. Just for grins though, I'll see if I can find an old 35 mm of "Danny Dodge" and scan it in. It didn't have the 440, rather, a 383 w/ .060 bore, 3/4 cam and a speed shift.

Aaaah, the good old days!

^>

Standby please, the post you are viewing is experiencing technical difficulty ( dinglefritz can't find the freakin' photos he's looking for ) grgr

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 am

**@ ^^< /> iii

Look for new pic of my desktop after I get alla goodies, in the coming week or two. :P

JeanInMontana

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:05 pm

Image Image

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:26 pm

JeanInMontana wrote:Hooray!! To share the love. ;)

rofl

JeanInMontana

Postby JeanInMontana » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:05 pm

It's not that funny. :roll:
Image Image

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:39 pm

JeanInMontana wrote:It's not that funny. :roll:

Oh but it is. rofl

John Hebard

Postby John Hebard » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:08 am

Well, guess this topic will be closed shortly - never could find the pics of my car to show ya! '>* Congrats. on the sale.

Return to “Sports...All Sports”