Please remove IP address

Need help with fSpamList? Post here! (DO NOT post removal requests here)

Moderator: fspamlist

Martin Ryan

Please remove IP address

Postby Martin Ryan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi,

I've managed to get my IP address added to the list. One of my users tried to register with a certain name and a bad IP address. The system has therefore added the username he was trying to use as a dodgy one. So when I've tried to create his new account with that name it's associated my IP with that user name, which was associated with the original dodgy IP.

Anyways, can you please remove 82.44.85.216 from the database.

Regards,
Martin

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Please remove IP address

Postby MysteryFCM » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:46 pm

There actually doesn't seem to be anything to remove in this particular case.

There is however, a problem with the SBST hosted on this server (the host changed something that's stopped it working properly), that is causing problems such as the one you are seeing, because of this, I've switched it to a copy hosted elsewhere until the hosting company sorts the problem out.

Please try re-registering the account and let me know if the problem persists.
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Alan Kirk

Postby Alan Kirk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm from the same forum as Martin is. It doesn't seem to be a problem with fspamlist as such; the problem is that when you enter almost any IP address into http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/index.php then while fSpamlist, StopForumSpam, BotScout, Spamhaus and a bunch of others (correctly) show "No Matches found" some, notably ProjectHoneyPot, Sorbs, DroneBL, Tornevall and EfNet report "Spammer identified!" I kid you not, I checked over a dozen IP addresses from all across the world this morning and ProjectHoneyPot (and the related sites) reported each and every one, without exception, as a spammer.

Clearly something is going horribly wrong.

(The only difference between Martin's IP address and the others is that Martin's appears on Spamhaus as well, while none of the others that I've looked at this morning do.)

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:55 pm

We've narrowed down this issue to a problem with the TeMerc hosting company network and some changes they recently made (prior to this, everything was fine). Until they resolve the issue, or I find a work-around, I've modified the forum mod so it uses the copy of the SBST hosted at the following instead;

http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/dl/Tools/Spa ... /index.php

Checking your IP's etc on the above, should show completely different results.
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “Help and Support”