API Key needed

Need help with fSpamList? Post here! (DO NOT post removal requests here)

Moderator: fspamlist

nolimitssjca

API Key needed

Postby nolimitssjca » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:02 am

Hi, I have been trying to get an API key for a couple of weeks now without success. Hopefully you can hook me up with one.

I have submitted my login credentials but haven't seen a reply.

Regards,
Ed...

Edit: Email removed by TeMerc to avoid spambot harvesting

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: API Key needed

Postby MysteryFCM » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:31 am

Could you post your domain name so I can look into it?
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

fspamlist
Spam Fighter
Spam Fighter
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: Over an hour a day, give or take

Postby fspamlist » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I've approved your account. You can sign in with the credentials you used for the 9/5/2009 sign up.

Thanks,

Josh

nolimitssjca

Postby nolimitssjca » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Thanks Josh,

I look forward to begin adding to the DB soon.

Ed...

fspamlist
Spam Fighter
Spam Fighter
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: Over an hour a day, give or take

Postby fspamlist » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Thank you for your interest in FSpamlist!

RicoRoco

Postby RicoRoco » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi:)
Im Roco, and I am a new user.
I need help I need, ie a valid API key from fspamlist.com.

Do not come to me on e-mail activation, and I have done already registered 3 times and waited for more than 48 hours.
Please help, because I wanted to use the script "Spambot Search Tool" by TeMerc

I need this script for a forum SMF and I miss the only API Key from fspamlist.com

I would like to stay "torrents of spam" on my forum, yes we have a few modifications but they are very invasive
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/i ... ch;type=13
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/i ... ch;type=19

Mostly I care about this to stop spam posts to score, not only during registration.
This is my forum - my own support SMF for people with Polish

I saw the integration of version 1.1.xx or can it somehow be improved? adjust to 2.0?
and is able to use when writing posts not only register if you write a guest post, you must provide email and name,
so you can match the modification to the SMF and to secure Post.template.php sources or in the folder / -> Post . php?

Alternatively, please support the information and I write the same modification to integrate script from TeMerc
BTW this is Great Script and I would increase his popularity.

Please help me width the activate acount
The email adresse is:
roco [AT] ricoroco [DOT] com
rocovita [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Yours :)
roco

PS. Sorry for my english

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 pm

I've activated your account for you, and your API key (confirmation e-mail) will be with you shortly.

With ref to SMF, I'm not aware of anything in the later 2.x releases that would break compatibility, but if you notice any issues, please let me know.
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Keeping it FREE!

RicoRoco

Postby RicoRoco » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Thank You verry much :)

The difference between the versions 1.1.xx and 2.0 consists of, inter alia, on enhanced protection against spambots eg 1.1.xx version
- is not the type of protection CAPCHA to send a new post form, but is sending private messages.
And version 1.1.xx stable, should have any security.
It is a system of broadcasting rights, but it comes to a situation where passes are not spam,
and a visitor from the outside is able to add their messages simple.

You can help me?
I would like to be able to supplement the information, and assistance in integrating + integration with the file Post.template.php - possibly this info haw to
I know very well the script simple, Im helping people, so it may not would be difficult to call "these things"?

And Thanks for the activation :)
Now I can testing Your Script with SMF and without "the red description" ;)

roco

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm not seeing anywhere in post.template.php that would be appropriate, but post.php looks like a likely candidate;

Find:

Code: Select all

//Are you... a guest?

Add BEFORE

/// BEGIN SPAM MOD
   $username = $_REQUEST['guestname'];
   $emailaddr = $_REQUEST['email'];
   $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
   // Either use the existing URL, or download a copy of the check_spammers.zip file to your server and use that instead.
   //
   // http://temerc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6103
   //
   $fspamcheck = file_get_contents('http://temerc.com/Check_Spammers/check_spammers_plain.php?name='.$username.'&email='.$emailaddr.'&ip='.$ip);
   if (strpos($fspamcheck, 'TRUE') !==False) {
      // Notify admin via e-mail
      $blockedby = str_replace(' TRUE', '', $fspamcheck);
      $blockedby = str_replace(' ', ' & ', $blockedby);
      $msg = 'The following was blocked by the '.$blockedby.' filter<br><br>Username: '.$username.'<br><br>Email: '.$emailaddr.'<br><br>IP: '.$ip;
      // Change your@email.addr to the e-mail address you want e-mail reports sent to
      $to = "your@email.addr";
      $from = "nobody@".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
      $subject = "Spammer blocked by hpHosts Spam filter";
      $headers =    "MIME-Versin: 1.0\r\n" .
      "Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed\r\n" .
      "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\r\n" .
      "From: " . $from . "\r\n" .
      "X-Mailer: hpHosts Spam Filter";
      mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers);
      // Notify user
      fatal_lang_error(1);
      // You could always redirect them to a custom error if you prefer, by commenting out the above, and uncommenting the following.
      // redirectexit('banned.html');
   }
/// END SPAM MOD

I don't have a test SMF board at present, but if the above doesn't work, let me know and I'll sort out a test board for it.
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Keeping it FREE!

RicoRoco

Postby RicoRoco » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 am

Thaknk You for yor response and help! :)

Excuse me, but I had to pass the project,
and to do that, then I had to ride over 150 miles one way ..brr

Actually, I wanted to write about it in the topic:
[ code ] Integrating the spam filter into SMF
I hope that's not a problem ..

Tested on localhost and it may be the problem?
When I write a post someone logged on, you must complete the mandatory fields "Nick" and "Email" if they fail to perform, and click on the preview, the preview will be generated at the top, but it appears red legal warnings that have not been filled in the required fields.

When doing your entry, it does not display a red warning description and does not generate a preview.
In addition, in topiks is a box quick reply, but still moved, when you click preview, or post button, - to write post section where you can easily see the red names. This is after applying the changes, do not move into that space, only the message "You do not have access to this section - go back"..

But I think that the problem can be localhost, so even today on the substitution of the files on-line and check it again.
And this screen:

As for modifications - I understand that I give there own email and I can set a reference to the script - locally, if I have all the required API keys.

Proposals, ideas, and tips:

1. - Instead of an email with info about each spambot, I would like to be able to log this information for such files to the file "spambots.dat or txt, and later in the Admin panel the opportunity to browse the entries, ie the time of the event, name, email, IP - spambots and for each entry - in the CP would be the check-box and an "X" to remove individual entries, and the ability to clear the logs.
These entries could be set aside in the database table with the bans, such as added entries according to the scheme, as in the normal ban adding to the already existing tables in the database.
Eg I create a new ban on the name: "botspamers" and it could add the data.
What do you think? If too complicated, it could be seen to the same file. I wrote it that, because you can expand your modification in this direction, of course, all these data spmabots were transferred to the fspamlist.com and similar services. I would like that it was not just a single test, but at the same time that these figures are due dispatch locally and not via email.
Do you think that such a solution is possible?
And this screen to add bans:

2. - It is known that the spambots are stupid and fill the empty hidden form fields.
I thought that it would stop the spambot was just such a blank, then before anything would have been sent - first preliminary eliminations spambots.

For example..
In Post.template.php is form with Name, Email etc and here where is name:

// Guests have to put in their name and email...
   if (isset($context['name']) && isset($context['email']))
   {
      echo '
                     <tr>
                        <td align="right" style="font-weight: bold;', isset($context['post_error']['long_name']) || isset($context['post_error']['no_name']) || isset($context['post_error']['bad_name']) ? 'color: red;' : '', '" id="caption_guestname">
                           ', $txt[68], ':
                        </td>
                        <td>
                           <input type="text" name="guestname" size="25" value="', $context['name'], '" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" />
                        </td>
                     </tr>';

Add empty input like this:

<input type="text" name="gues" value="" style="display:none;" />

before input width name="guestname", like this:

// Guests have to put in their name and email...
   if (isset($context['name']) && isset($context['email']))
   {
      echo '
                     <tr>
                        <td align="right" style="font-weight: bold;', isset($context['post_error']['long_name']) || isset($context['post_error']['no_name']) || isset($context['post_error']['bad_name']) ? 'color: red;' : '', '" id="caption_guestname">
                           ', $txt[68], ':
                        </td>
                        <td>
                           <input type="text" name="gues" value="" style="display:none;" /><input type="text" name="guestname" size="25" value="', $context['name'], '" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" />
                        </td>
                     </tr>';

And now in ./sources/Post.php in Your modification add check for this
example:

/// BEGIN SPAM MOD
      if (!empty($_POST['gues'])) { exit(); die(); }
      $username = $_REQUEST['guestname'];
      $emailaddr = $_REQUEST['email'];
      $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
      // Either use the existing URL, or download a copy of the check_spammers.zip file to your server and use that instead.
      //

Or check and when this input with name="gues" is no empty --> data (so - name, email, IP) into fspamlist.com and into the log and redirect spambots

When this input, (name="gues"), is not empty, then we have 99.98% confidence that the spambot! and You do not needed to check further,
but immediately added to the logs and send the information to the database such as new spambots an fspamlist.com

Even if you do not successfully integrate your modifications to post.php,
I would like to have in this form the empty input because it is prevention and additionally unusual solution for spambots, whom are people too.
Spambots are getting smarter, for example, can decode the image - CAPCHA, because of my forum and register spambots, of course, is full of spam.

Okay, a couple of hours, will turn the files on my hosting, and test your modification to "Post.php"
I hope that the problem is only localhost and everything is a success.
I hope you that the reference to what I wrote here, and that my language is understandable for you,
sorry but I write poorly in English.

roco

PS. Naturally, I was able to do so in the proposed manner, possibly suggest some issues to move to the further development of your script and modifications.
And your script even further, I would like to add the iframe in CP only for Admins, or call your script interface with a SMF interface integration

RicoRoco

Postby RicoRoco » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 am

Hi :)

Okay, I tested on-line and it looks like it works perfect.
And now I can't like a guest write post hehe
And I see this info:

An error occurred!
You do not have access to this section
back

I entered data from real spambot and I got this email:

The following was blocked by the fSpamlist filter

Username: Greggizer

Email: gandziordisujepedego@gmail.com

IP: 87.205.147.40

hmm, unfortunately, is my IP, albeit variable, but what is the possibility of removal?

Next I am interested in logs "hits" spambots, and write to the database or text file. (The modyfication)
If possible, ie, log to a text file for example,
whether you have an idea to browse the file from the Admin Panel?
There also I need to add your script, or frame, or with an integrated interface with the SMF..

I see that your modifacation works for me, so what need to append to the file ./Sources/Register.php to.
Only I have to wait for my IP change hehe To further test.

Okay, that was be about your modification, for SMF.

If I would like to have your modifications without installing your Script to create Mod for SMF, - as the installation,
- I need to log hits spambots into txt or DB and then display them.
That means I need something more, not only prevention, so I needed including logging spambots, but not via email.

Question: - Is Your Script "doing" the same as those modifications, but together?:

Mods "like this" (yours) from SMF:

-> httpBL
-> Project Honey Pot MOD - Identify spammers and the spambots
-> Stop Forum Spam
-> Stop Spammer
-> BotScout "BotBuster" for SMF 1.x and 2.0 Beta 4

A significant portion of these modifications is very invasive. And I think that if all these changes together,
- doing the same thing as your script, you may want to integrate it with SMForum, what do you think?
It seems to me that your script is the best of the best, but it may implement the same functions to modify and create specific modifications for SMForum,
which not only stop spambots, but also add to an existing database table and will be logging spoambots. (like your script)

I do not quite understand your action script.
I understand this:
- The Script makes it possible to verify whether the IP address, email and Name is in the database or not.
- Modification work proactively, so check te The DB's, and blocked spambot if has been detected.
Is that the only difference?

I missing something here ..
I think we could use in your script - added a function spambots to all those bases.
For now, I see only the checked spambot added to the local database if it is created,
but I do not see the script, for example, to add to the database found spambots.

Is it possible to append function, which for example, after noting that it was really spambot, but databases do not have - to add?
Perhaps I do not understand what he was doing everything your script, if so, please for further info.

BTW. You know The sfilter - SBlam?
Maybe this is a good idea to add this site to your collection?
This original content: http://sblam.com/techniki.html
And this is the English translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsblam.com%2Ftechniki.html

Returning to the modifications for SMF
I made modifications to the file - post.php and effective work, and a few hours later, he wrote his spam spambot post:

Like You see I needed some more prevent..
..so I'm interested in the possibility of adding empty input and its enforcement.

BTW this is data from spambot:
Name: Bokflmaz
Email: rxzasqvs@ebmzjddv.com
IP: 82.208.46.3

But I check the data with Your script and his IP is 5x hits.. check self
This is real spambot, how is that posible?
And this is after modify file - Post.php
I paste Your code into and only change the email. (to my adress)

A maby Your code past better here:

// Are you... a guest?
      if ($user_info['is_guest'])
      {
         $_REQUEST['guestname'] = !isset($_REQUEST['guestname']) ? '' : trim($_REQUEST['guestname']);
         $_REQUEST['email'] = !isset($_REQUEST['email']) ? '' : trim($_REQUEST['email']);

$_REQUEST['guestname'] = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['guestname']);
         $context['name'] = $_REQUEST['guestname'];
         $_REQUEST['email'] = htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST['email']);
         $context['email'] = $_REQUEST['email'];

$user_info['name'] = $_REQUEST['guestname'];

/// BEGIN SPAM MOD <-- this is exapmle pleace for yor mod ?
      }

// Only show the preview stuff if they hit Preview.

You know, this field, so name and email is only for guest.., any idea?

And what do You think? Can I count on your support/info?

I know that the more you are better at what you do, the less time you have.
I do not consider himself a great Mastah, but sometimes I spend at the computer 20 hours / 24
I am the webmaster / designer, and one of my hobbies is SMF.
What we said is important for me because I wanted you to promote on their website for example on my SMF-Help!.
I would like to write a modification, and I hope with your help, and share it with you here on the official site and on my forum.
If you find some time and you help me with this, I'd like to describe the examples in each forum - hawto.

And I just do not understand why your forum is not SMF? I can help you, if you needed.
At my site I have made over a thousand changes and adapt my forum for the good presentation of code, etc.

Best Regards :)
roco

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysteryFCM » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 am

Apologies for taking so long.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're asking for?

There's already facilities present, to log the data either to text files, or to a database (see the functions.php file for details).
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “Help and Support”