Spambot help?

Need help with fSpamList? Post here! (DO NOT post removal requests here)

Moderator: fspamlist

kabo0m

Spambot help?

Postby kabo0m » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am

Mystery, before you said if I get stuck on any (not know if they are spammers or not) that I could get your help with them. Where would I ask about them? Post them here or a new thread? Is there a thread for that? I have come across only 3 that I was unsure about and have taken to what I have noticed others doing and that is a section that only a certain member group can see and post in and I put the ones I can't decide on in there as well as have a post stating to tell us their intentions to gain access to the rest of the forums.

I haven't used the search bot tool I was using lately as I have been using another program that I am able to submit data to 2 lists through with my findings. However I have come across some new registrants that even though they match no BL are suspicious. I usually let them wait for a few days and check again if they are suspicious. The special forum section has come in handy as I sent out a PM to that membergroup and found out one was a real person so I gave them access to the rest of the forums. However, I always worry that contacting possible spammers will get my email spammed. Of course I then sent the spam off to Knuj0n so .. it isn't so bad but still. If I could post somewhere here to ask others that know of more resources to check out an IP and email address that would be great.
I got questions & need answers in my process to recognize & kill off spam on my sites and their links to malware!

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: Spambot help?

Postby TeMerc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am

I've moved this to what I think is the proper forum. ><:

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spambot help?

Postby MysteryFCM » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 pm

This is the correct forum, cheers Tom :)

@kabo0m,
Any you're unsure of, please feel free to drop a note here and we'll look into it for you :)
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

Return to “Help and Support”