fspamlist ratings and flags

Need help with fSpamList? Post here! (DO NOT post removal requests here)

Moderator: fspamlist

Bosox

fspamlist ratings and flags

Postby Bosox » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 am

Hi Folks,

Excuse the extreme noob question, but I can't seem to find an explanation of the fspamlist numerical ratings or flags anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

MysteryFCM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: fspamlist ratings and flags

Postby MysteryFCM » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 am

I'll point Josh (owner of fSpamlist) to this as he's best placed to answer this for you.
Regards

Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Keeping it FREE!

fspamlist
Spam Fighter
Spam Fighter
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: Over an hour a day, give or take

Postby fspamlist » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello,

Great question you have there. I probably should add this to the FAQ in case others may be confused by those numbers and flags.

Here goes:

The numbers are called a "threat score" and represent a way to estimate the current activity level of a particular spammer. It is based off of an algorithm that weighs factors such as when the spammer was first seen, last seen, and how many times seen in between. It works like this: the smaller the number, the more prolific the spammer has been recently. The flags are based off of this threat score and estimate high (red) activity, and low activity (green), and with every thing in between being mid (orange). It was first introduced in April 2011 and tweaked a few times since.

Here's the original blog post when the feature was announced: http://blog.fspamlist.com/?p=76

Bosox

Postby Bosox » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Ok, thanks. I did notice that the higher the number the lower the apparent threat. I did have a spammer with a threat level of 10.4 try to join my site. Should I be reporting that?

Return to “Help and Support”