RSS Feed

Tell us what you think of the place, and what you would like to see.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

JeanInMontana
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: More than 4 hours a day

RSS Feed

Postby JeanInMontana » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:55 pm

Why don't you have an RSS feed for this site Tom? Then when the notifications don't work (always) the feed would tell about updates.
Image Image

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
PC time: What else is there in life?

Postby TeMerc » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:53 pm

I have only seen one site with RSS that was running phpBB, CastleCops. And when I subscribed to the individual forums there, they didn't work very well, or at least there was some sort of conflict when I'd go there to see what was missed, as there was always something that didn't seem to make it to my reader.

Tho, now that I think about it, I may have been using the other reader.

I'll have to look into it again tonite or tomorrow.

And I think the mod is approved but not sure if it's for the current version, but for previous ones. There is always a lot of good feedback in those threads about the mods. I use those as a barometer to decide if I'm going to do what I look to change.

Mindblower
Countermeasures Agent
Countermeasures Agent
Area Of Expertise: More tinkering in hardware than software
PC time: Alot more than I should

Offline Readers anyone?

Postby Mindblower » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Back in the days of DOS, and the primitive forums called BBS, members could use a program called an Offline Reader to gather new mail (messages), instead of reading and posting online using those 2400 baud modems.

Would this RSS feed require some sort of configuration as well to d/l forum messages, 'cause it really sounds interesting? Would it be able to upload as well, Mindblower!

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: Offline Readers anyone?

Postby TeMerc » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Mindblower wrote:Back in the days of DOS, and the primitive forums called BBS, members could use a program called an Offline Reader to gather new mail (messages), instead of reading and posting online using those 2400 baud modems.

Would this RSS feed require some sort of configuration as well to d/l forum messages, 'cause it really sounds interesting? Would it be able to upload as well, Mindblower!

I have no idea of if it can upload, which I would assume your thinking to post replies via the same application?

I'm just not ready to get involved in something I can't validate as being extremely easy to install and has no bugs.

Return to “Site Feedback and Suggestions”