Site Feedback

Tell us what you think of the place, and what you would like to see.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

Spudz
Area Of Expertise: General guidance and advice
experience: Not only can I turn PC on, I know most of its functions too
PC time: Alot more than I should

Site Feedback

Postby Spudz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:53 am

Well, I saw this thread and had to add my bit. >>< Basically it is very easy to navigate, full of many topics that are not only informative but make very interesting reading too. (I can see it will take me months to digest and become familiar with most of the helps so I better understand exactly how things are done and how malware/spammers are found and stopped). The extra features which allow text colouration is a very nice touch. The emoticons are excellent and bring the posts alive adding humour to many.

All said, the forum has been extremely well thought out and implemented, which at the end of that day encourages users to stay and contribute too.

t*u
Spam - Uninteresting garbage quickly deleted.
Spammer - A parasitic worm intent on creating internet misery.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

Re: Site Feedback

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 am

Well thanks.

I can tell you I've been struggling to get this forum active for years and it really hasn't gone as well as I have hoped for.

I've tried just about everything and can't figure it out.

Any suggestions you have, pass 'em on, I'm willing to listen and discuss.

Mystery

Postby Mystery » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

I'm sure that there are a lot of regular lurkers, reading the latest security news etc. :D
I think that many people are already members on different forums, and it takes a lot to register on new ones.
Reasons e.g.: Another password (the 100th probably) to remember :P Knowing that you get lost among all those forums, so you set your priorities on which ones you want to be an active contributor.
Additionally I know that lots of people are crazy about all sorts of forum games and fun corners etc., and if you don't have those (like I did decide against them on my own forums on purpose), there are less registrations.
I think that people in general are more interested in fun than in security ?>! And so most of them only end up as members on such a forum, when fun has led to malware. ;)

How much do you pay for bringing new members? (just a joke) rofl
Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec ;)

Spudz

Postby Spudz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Some good points there mystery. :) A forum should be not only informative but interesting to read, and with the extra tweeks (Emoticons), fun to use too.

If you have no objection TelMerc, I will add a post to the CA forums and hopefully attract a few more people here. Personally I think this site will be welcomed by many as a damn good site and you may find some will contribute in more than normal users ways (I hope).

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:02 pm

Spudz wrote:If you have no objection TelMerc, I will add a post to the CA forums and hopefully attract a few more people here. Personally I think this site will be welcomed by many as a damn good site and you may find some will contribute in more than normal users ways (I hope).
Tread very likely here in that respect. alot of forums would consider it 'spamming' to promote another site and I cannot have that as a perception, true or not.

Mystery

Postby Mystery » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 pm

TeMerc wrote: alot of forums would consider it 'spamming' to promote another site and I cannot have that as a perception, true or not.

That's the case, usually it doesn't make a good impression.

Btw, do you have a small banner for your forums, which could be used in non-spammish way to promote it? Or a better resolution of the round banner?
Why do geeks think Halloween and Christmas occur on the same day?
Because 31oct = 25dec ;)

Spudz

Postby Spudz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

TeMerc wrote:
Spudz wrote:If you have no objection TelMerc, I will add a post to the CA forums and hopefully attract a few more people here. Personally I think this site will be welcomed by many as a damn good site and you may find some will contribute in more than normal users ways (I hope).
Tread very likely here in that respect. alot of forums would consider it 'spamming' to promote another site and I cannot have that as a perception, true or not.

Indeed this may often be the case however I didn't intend to say 'Yo come and get on this site, it rocks', with banners everywhere and a massive thread, as that would be wrong of me to do that. What I was meaning was to refer to it within some forum posts as another useful source of information and help. This is why I asked if you would object as I didn't offer to cause any trouble or bad publicity, as I would be the first to hold my hands up and say sorry, if that turned out to be the case.

I know that as mods, we are given a fair amount of leeway hence you will note on the CA forum, that I often get people to use the MBAM and hijackthis, which I say compliments the CA suite, to remove stubborn infections that, for some reason they say CA has failed to deal with.

Naturally I am there for CA but I also believe in providing the best help and support I can (within my knowledge) plus any soloution which will keep the CA staff from being swamped with fix this, fix that, the software wont do this or that, where MBAM may solve the issue, where we can then determine if the CA software failed, it was down to the infection or their own stupidity, etc, etc.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 pm

TeMerc wrote: Tread very likely here in that respect. alot of forums would consider it 'spamming' to promote another site and I cannot have that as a perception, true or not.
Should read:
Tread very' lightly'
((O

Indeed this may often be the case however I didn't intend to say 'Yo come and get on this site, it rocks', with banners everywhere and a massive thread, as that would be wrong of me to do that. What I was meaning was to refer to it within some forum posts as another useful source of information and help. This is why I asked if you would object as I didn't offer to cause any trouble or bad publicity, as I would be the first to hold my hands up and say sorry, if that turned out to be the case.
Well this seems like it would be ok. First sign of complaints, tho, I would request it be pulled.

Spudz

Postby Spudz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 pm

No worries, just offering some help and will ensure it doesn't go too far so as to cause any issues but reference it lightly, once in a while, where applicable and within the thread/post context, so it is not obvious or over the top. Hope that is ok with you.

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeMerc » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Spudz wrote:No worries, just offering some help and will ensure it doesn't go too far so as to cause any issues but reference it lightly, once in a while, where applicable and within the thread/post context, so it is not obvious or over the top. Hope that is ok with you.
that's fine. t*u

SpySentinel
PC time: About 3 hours a day

Postby SpySentinel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Welcome to TeMerc Spudz t*u
-SpySentinel TIC Moderator

Proud Graduate of GeekU - Learn how to remove malware from the best

Return to “Site Feedback and Suggestions”