ShutDownGuard-Prevents Windows Restarts

This area is for freeware related to basic OS utilities. All freeware should be 'wares free', meaning no adware, spyware or malware. Any 'bundled extras' must be included in posts.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderators

TeMerc
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Of Expertise: Security
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: What else is there in life?

ShutDownGuard-Prevents Windows Restarts

Postby TeMerc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm

How many times have you installed a driver, system update, or other application that essentially demanded a reboot that you couldn't prevent? If you're lucky, you have the option to save your work and any open files before the installer reboots your computer. But, if you're unlucky, you miss the opportunity, and before you know it you're staring at a blank screen.

ShutDownGuard is a handy, free app that makes sure you never have to suffer through an unexpected reboot again. Whether it's Windows Update or a driver download, ShutDownGuard makes sure you reboot your computer only when you want to.

No one should know the pain of waking up in the morning, or coming home from work in the evening, to find that their computer has rebooted itself. It gets worse if you were in the middle of a file transfer or massive copy that you let run while you were away, and now that your computer has rebooted, you have no idea whether it actually completed successfully. At the same time, using Windows Automatic Update is one of the best things you can do for your system to keep it patched up; it's just the automatic reboot at the end that's a pain.
0-= Continued @ App Scout

kabo0m

Re: ShutDownGuard-Prevents Windows Restarts

Postby kabo0m » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah I hate that. Checking that out now. Thx! :) t*u
I got questions & need answers in my process to recognize & kill off spam on my sites and their links to malware!

Mindblower
Countermeasures Agent
Countermeasures Agent
Area Of Expertise: More tinkering in hardware than software
experience: I know the functions, OS settings, registry tweaks and more
PC time: Alot more than I should

Re: ShutDownGuard-Prevents Windows Restarts

Postby Mindblower » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:16 am

Did anyone read the comment? User said the computer rebooted with a 5 min countdown even with this program in place. Check the date, and note NO replies, Mindblower!
A converted Windows 8 user (using third party programs to ease the transition)

Return to “Utilities Section”